Sunday, May 17, 2009

The monsoons are here!!!

Yes, finally my fav season is almost here (the met say it should arrive in another 10 days). But its already started to pour in Bangalore and I'm totally loving it!!! I know what I'm gonna say next will sound wierd, but this season seems to bring out the best in me. Yeah I know, for most of you out there, monsoons mean being stuck at home, messy clothes if ever you decide to venture out, not many options in footwear and all that stuff. But not for me. For me monsoon is 'nature at its best'. From my 12th floor balcony, its the sight of a lifetime. To sit back and watch the clouds grow real dark, then the streaks of lightning that flash across the sky. Slowly I can see the rain coming in from far far away. I'm feeeling a little poetic right now, so I'm going to say... 'if only there was a way I could welcome it" Then when it starts to rain, I have no words to describe how it feels to be on the 12th floor. The sound of the rain drops hitting the ground, the sweet scent it brings about, the cool air, the sight far far away and now I'm running out of words. It definitely brings back a lot of memories,the times I've reached school drenched in my B'day dress ( though I used to feel bad then, I can't stay mad at my fav season for ever rite??), the cycle rides in the rain on our way to or from tutions, the rain dances i've danced with my friends in our hostel campus, the run from the auto to the college building with my best bud and roommate, the time when Gopal (now my husband) came over to my PG at 11 in the night (the time i used to reach back from work) for a chit chat in the rain, the night in Vizag when it was raining cats and dogs and we were stuck up in our room (don't u think any more beyond this point!!!) and many many more nostalgic mushy moments...... So Cheers!!! The monsoons are finally here!!!! Enjoy........

1 comment:

Ashwini Shenoy said...

This is so so so so sweet !! I loved this article! Anyways, today in New Jersey is like the one you decribed, except I am on ground floor.